Sunday, February 13, 2005

Various Exciting Tidbits

This past week has been rather eventful. A week ago today, Jo and I went on a day trip to see a number of Korean cultural heritage sites. These sites included King Sejong's tomb, Empress Myeongseong's birthplace and museum, and the museum of buddhist iconography. The museum of iconography was cool also because it had a large grounds with many statues and works of art. I go on to explain some of the sights I saw as blurbs under the pictures that follow. My favorite place was King Sejong's tomb and associated museum, detailing the achievements of his life. King Sejong was truly a philosopher king, and the people of Korea still love him today because of it. His final resting place was very peaceful, harmonious, and had a great feel to it. Unfortunately, I didn't get enough pictures of it. I forgot my camera at school on Friday and had to go the weekend without it. Instead, the pictures I do have are from Jo's camera phone. I think the pictures turned out rather well, considering.

I worked at school on Monday and Friday. We had Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off from school due to the Lunar New Year, but had to work on Monday and Friday... but I'm not complaining. I spent those 3 days going skiing at Yangji Pine Resort, about an hour outside of Seoul. It was really great. I went with Louise. I'm no professional skier, and hadn't skied in well over 12 or 13 years. Probably more... the last time I went skiing, I ended up falling down for more than 50% of the time, and had come home so discouraged, I vowed to never ski again. So, I was rather proud of myself for having ascended to the black diamond slope by the end of the second day, this time around, after having fallen not even once. Snowboarding was a different story, however. I rented a snowboard for half a day and spent most of my time on the ground in the snow. Rob tells me that it's tough to learn, but easy to master, while skiing is easy to learn but tough to master. Perhaps, but I traded in my snowboard, due to my time constraints and my desire to use the time I had to have the most fun possible.

And now it is Saturday / Sunday. I'm vegging and cleaning my apartment. Time alone can be golden at times. Sometimes, I feel like a real hermit. Unfortunately, since I got my computer, I have been spending my free "Ben time" with other people chatting on MSN, or with technology (burning CDs and games from the internet with my new computer and DVD burner).

I need sleep...

No comments: