Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Computer Mayhem!

I have a new computer. :-)

Yay me!!!

I bought it not this past weekend, but the weekend before. I think I got a pretty good deal on it, except that for the first week, it was giving me a big headache - seizing up and grinding to a halt. I was wary that I had been duped by the Yongsan salesman, but I think I now have it all sorted out. I just needed to put in the time to give in to Murphey's Law before it would work - that is to say, travel an hour and a half to Yongsan, wait 2 hours while my computer refused to show the nice salesman that it doesn't work, then another hour and a half back to Bundang. Having put in my mandatory time, my computer seems to have magically fixed itself, no help to the "magically" skeptical salesman... Jo, who came along, was EXTREMELY helpful. Thank you so much, Jo!

Two weekends ago, Louise came in to Seoul from Gunsan and we went to Gyeongbokgung palace (once again). It was a good day for it, as it was warmer than normal. I would like to go back one last time in the spring to see the cherry blossoms in the main courtyard. Aside from that, I'm all Gyeongbokgung'ed out. Check out the pictures of Round 3 below.

I've been having a few problems with the kids recently. Cupid class, the youngest class, seems to have developped a permanent cloud that hovers over the classroom. Every day, someone is pissed off about something and there's much negativity. I'm starting to believe that it's an attention-seeking device though (since I respond to the kids with condolences and attention when they're pouting). The other day, Nikie threw a screaming and balling fit (when I held her chair which she was trying to move to another part of the classroom to not do work) and I'm sure the helper teacher, the front desk staff and the teacher next door who came running thought that I was killing the child. Nikie is the kind of kid who gets whatever she wants and relies on her good looks to get her out of trouble - she likes to wait until I look away until she hits other kids and does generally mean things. Of course, the situation was promptly resolved when the management saw it fit to nurture and cuddle the kid who really needed some disciplining. It's a trend - coddling kids who need to be disciplined.

Anyway, it snowed today. I'll get a picture of that up soon...

No comments: