Monday, May 23, 2005


Two weekends ago, Jo, Erika, Joey, and I went to Anmyeon-do on a day trip to the west coast of Korea. It was great. It took a while to get there, but it was quite nice. We checked out the seafood market they had, and ate live oysters on the beach. There was an old lady gathering them by hand. We ate them with soju and red chili sauce. It was great. Then, later, we went for supper where we had more grilled clams, scallops, oysters, and GIANT prawns than you could shake a fork at... I mean, a pair of chopsticks. The prawns were so incredibly delicious. You have no idea. They were steamed in salt water, which made them nice and salty. After we were finished, we roasted the prawn heads and ate them too. Well, I had one. They were too um... cartilagenous for me (although admittedly tasty). Erika loves the heads. Anyway, pictured here are two rocky monoliths that are nicknamed "Grandpa" (on the left) and "Grandma" (on the right)... in Korean of course (Haraboji and Halmoni). The tide was low and we walked out to check it out. I forgot my camera that day, so Jo was resourceful enough to take these pictures with her cell phone's camera (hence the lower resolution). Pretty good pictures though, if I may say so! Also, because Jo was taking pictures, alot of them are of me. Not-so-photogenic Me. *sigh* Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ben Norris I've just started looking for more information for
REPLACEMENT SHOWER FILTER.COM
and arrived here. OK, so this post isn't an exact fit, but I do love the great info in your blog. Great post - looking forward to reading more.