Monday, May 02, 2005


Man! I thought for the longest time I had been teaching it RIGHT, when in fact the 5th letter of the alphabet is actually "Ed". As I explain later in this edition of my blog, incorrect spellings, words, and materials run rampant. The strange and very frustrating thing is that when we offer to correct it, many people don't want the correct way. I had a friend ask me to read a manuscript for an English listening contest they were putting on. The manuscript was riddled with errors, and was really awkward to read properly. I offered to proofread and correct the entire thing, and was told that wasn't necessary - just read it. Ridiculous, really. So many things are all concerned with saving face and never being proven wrong - especially and above all else, your superior. Anyway...ED Posted by Hello

No comments: