Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Holiday Cheer

Well, it's been quite a while since I updated my blog.

And I regret to inform you that I haven't been up to anything invigoratingly exciting... Instead, I've been keeping to myself alot and not doing a whole lot. I think I have been in a bit of a fog recently. The school has been working hard at getting ready for the Christmas play, which occurs in 3 days time. I can't believe how well the students are doing at it - each class of students (never more than 8 students or so) is preparing a 15-minute play/skit with one or two songs. In a second language. I wasn't doing that myself until I was in high school... and some of these kids are 3 years old...

Regardless, our director is aiming to have a *perfect* production, and this pressure is filtering down from the management to affect the teachers and consequently, the students. I'd like to say that I'm damn proud of my students for being so good. They've done a great job of preparing and memorizing their lines and songs.

Everything is getting crammed together at school - phone testing is early because of our winter break, which gets mashed up with the level testing that was considered "pressing" for some reason (???), along with preparations for the play. We've all been under a bit more pressure recently. I've tried to get out and get some Christmas shopping done on top of that. I went two weekends ago to Insa-dong's shopping and picked up a tour of Tapgol Park in the process... rather impromptu. I *ahem* still haven't finished my shopping, but seeing as I've already missed the deadline to send things home in time for Christmas by several weeks, I'm in no real hurry...

Loralee will be arriving soon. I hope she has a good time. I will be heading in to Seoul's Incheon Airport to pick her up on Friday morning - her flight arrives at 6:30 A.M., and I need to travel for 2 hours to get there, meaning I need to leave my house at about 4:00 A.M. to get there in time. Then, it'll be a dash back home to make it to school by 10:00 A.M. That should be a fun day. :-)

Well, I should get going. It's nearly 2:30 A.M. here now and I need to get home to rest my brain cells for tomorrow. Play practice requires the freshest and most thespian brain cells available at my disposal! Mwahaa~!

Have a Wonderful Festive Season, and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hi Ben: did you get much time off at Christmas? Happy holidays!

Mike.