Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Snow!

I was going to write about how it was finally starting to get warm again and how I was practically expecting springtime here in Korea in the middle of January, but then almost as my neurons finished firing, I looked out the window and it was snowing. Yay! :-)

You know, as much as I hate the snow when I'm in Canada, I really love it here - even the wimpy, 2mm layer that melts on impact and then turns into life threatening ice. Why? Well, I've come to appreciate the snow because winter without it is really rather abyssmal. Winter is a time when everything dies and looks really awful. Snow is a wonderful way to add a blissful and serenly euphemistic facade to all the death. It's nice not having to walk through coldness and wetness here in Korea, but the psychological impact of having to walk to school every day through dead plants everywhere makes you prefer the coldness and wetness.

Here's a picture I was able to snap at school on my break. The snow falling isn't that apparent until you click on the picture to enlarge it. Even then, it's tough to see, but it was a glorious sight for sore eyes - albeit (like I said) wimpy.

1 comment:

Louise said...

Further to our phone conversation...

I clicked on your photo: I can see the snow falling from the sky, but I can't see it on the ground, not even in the 'dark corners'.

xxx