Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Been a while...

Heya everyone. It's been a LONG time since I've updated. I apologize. The past few weeks have been spent entertaining and having a good time with Loralee. She came over from Canada to spend Christmas and New Years with me to see Korea. We had a good time. Check out the pictures below.

While she was here, I basically showed her many of the things that I have done since I've been here in Korea (aside from travelling outside the Seoul area). So, although some of the pictures below may seem familiar, you may now experience them in dynamic winter-o-vision! That's right, speckled with the crispness of wintery goodness!

We saw many things while she was here. We went to Insa-dong, saw Itaewon, went to the royal palace Gyeongbokgung, climbed Namhansansong and checked out the Great Wall of Korea, ate a myriad of Korean food (as long as it wasn't too spicy for Loralee), sampled soju, hung out in PC-bangs, chilled out at the Korean spas, and tons of other things.

Christmas had a bit of a strange feeling to it - definitely not all wintery and white and pristine like back home. Instead, Christmas here is kind of an afterthought. Well, then again, maybe it just felt that way because there wasn't the raging materialism and nostalgic propaganda that plagues North America......... *sniff* I miss my raging materialism and propaganda.

Christmas dinner was... lets see.... cheese don-kass? Yup. We missed out on the Christmas buffet at the Rocky Mountain Pub (a Canadian pub in Itaewon) because we didn't get tickets early enough. Oh well... nothing says Christmas like cheese don-kass.

New Years was a house party at Sarah's place. She was very kind to host a great party. I enjoyed. Perhaps too much. Yes, indeed. Too much. Loralee's friend Chelsea was there. Surprised to see her, since she was only planning on seeing her later in the week, they caught up and had a good time.

Well, now I'm back at school. It's good to be back, but I miss vacations. Vacations are goooood. Sweeeet sweeeeet vacations. I think I'm coming down with a cold too... *sigh* whine whine whine, complain complain complain, eh?

Anyway, that's an ultra-brief summary of the past two or three weeks. Merry Christmas, everyone! Don't forget to check out the 100-odd photos from the past two weeks below. If you want a larger, more detailed look at any of the photos, click on it, and use the back button on your browser to return to this page.

Cheerio!

2 comments:

Mike said...

Very cool pictures! Enjoyed them all.

Louise said...

Wish I had been there...the music sounds truely cringeworthy!!!