Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Break Time

I am currently on a break from school. It's nice to have the time off, but the first of our only two real vacations in the year couldn't have come at a worse time. Having just got here, I have no money to spend to travel to somewhere nearby, like China, Japan, Thailand, or Australia. The other foreign teachers at our school who have been here for a while went to Australia. I'm jealous. Well, sorta. I have never really had a desire to see Australia all that badly. Seems like a fairly pretentious travel destination to me because it's where "all the parties are, man!".

Anyway, I'm hanging around in Bundang and the Seoul area. I spent last night playing Risk with Jeanette at a boardgame-bang - they have places where you can go pay to play boardgames - it's pretty cool. The night before, I went out with Charlie for Kalbi and then drinks. We had a good time socializing...

All in all, I've been spending a lot of time just hanging around, sleeping in, and resting. Tomorrow, I hope to go to the nearby mountains to do a little bit of hiking. Other things that have been suggested to me that I do: visit the DMZ, see the Salvador Dali exhibit at the Seoul Museum of Art, go see Dundaemun market (a huge open-air market in Seoul)... I think that I have a lot of stuff cut out for me to do, but I don't imagine I'll make it to many of those places. I am planning on going down to the south of Korea on Friday and Saturday with Jeanette and her friend.

To everyone back home: I miss you all and I wish you could come visit! Korea is great!

1 comment:

Ben Norris said...

Ok, ok. It's lame. I'm posting a comment on my own blog. Basically, though, I'm just interested in seeing if it works. I'll go ahead and change the settings so that people can post anonymously, though.